Try Out These Intense 8 Exercises To Banish Those Saddlebags In A Few Weeks
That fat excess around your hips and thighs is known as saddlebags. You may say that those are your curves, but it isn’t! It’s just fat excess and it’s very unaesthetic.
Unfortunately, this is the hardest area of the body to get rid of fat, and it will take a lot of work to see results fast. But, in just 3 weeks, you’ll be able to see big improvements such as toned buttocks and thigh muscles.
The following list of exercises will help you to get rid of saddlebags quickly and to regain you beautiful shapes in no time.
Tip: for fast results you should do these exercises daily for 3 weeks in a row then reduce to 5 days a week.
1. Side Saddle Leg Lifts
Image Credits: Side Saddle Leg Lifts
– Start on your side with your legs extended, flexing both feet. Place your top hand on the ground in front of your abs and your supporting arm under your head. Make sure your bottom leg stays extended for the whole duration of the series.
– Keeping the energy reaching out through your flexed heels, lift your top leg up about six to eight inches from the floor. From here, make tiny pulses upward 20 times. Holding your leg at the highest point of your lift, draw one-inch circles with your heel for 20 reps.
– Keeping your top leg lifted, bend and straighten your knee. Do this 20 times while not letting your thigh lower as you press through the heel to lengthen your top leg to the straightened position. For an even greater burn, finish this series with lifts in a bigger range of motion, taking the foot all the way toward the ceiling and back down, 10-20 times.
2. Bent-Knee Reverse Hip Raise
Image Credits: Bent-Knee Reverse Hip Raise
– Lie face down on top of a Roman chair, an exercise step, or a sturdy bench so that your hipbones are on but your legs hang off and can move freely.
– Anchor onto the chair with your hands and arms if needed. Brace your core muscles, contract your butt, and lift both legs until they are straight and parallel with the floor.
– Keep your head and neck in alignment, resting it on the bench if necessary. Hold your legs in place, parallel to the floor, then bend your knees. Immediately straighten them .
– That’s one rep. Continue doing the movement for a total 20 reps. Rest for 30 seconds, then repeat two more times for a total of three sets.
Image Credits: Step-Ups
– Find a step or a bench that, when you place your foot squarely on it, your knee is at a 90-degree angle or larger.
– Step up 20 times leading with the right foot, then the left, bringing both feet completely onto the bench.
– To return to the starting position, lead with the right foot to step down to the floor, then the left, until ending with both feet on the ground.
– Switch legs and start stepping with the left foot for 20 steps.
4. Single-Leg Hip Raise
Image Credits: Single-Leg Hip Raise
– Begin on the floor, on your back, with your right knee bent and left leg resting straight on the floor.
– Keeping your left leg straight, raise it up to a 45-degree angle so that it is in line with your right thigh.
– Allow your arms to relax on the floor out from your sides. Brace your core muscles, press your right heel into the floor, and raise your hips up.
– Your hips should end at the height that is a straight line from your shoulders through your hips, thighs, and foot.
– Pause for two seconds, then lower back to the floor. That’s one rep. Repeat this movement for a total of 15 reps.
– Then, switch sides and complete all reps on the other leg. Continue alternating legs for a total of three sets, with no rest in between sets.
5. Plank Booty Leg Lifts
Image Credits: Plank Booty Leg Lifts
– Lie on your belly on an exercise ball, and walk your hands out so the ball is underneath your shins.
– Your hands should be underneath your shoulders.
– Draw your navel toward your spine to engage your abs, which will help keep your spine straight and your body stabilized.
– Lift your left leg up into the air, and then slowly lower it back toward the ball, but don’t let it touch.
– This counts as one repetition. Keep your pelvis level throughout your reps.
– Complete three sets of 10 to 12 reps with the left leg, and then repeat with the right.
6. Squat Step with Resistance Band
Image Credits: Squat Step with Resistance Band
– Tone your quads and glutes with this killer move.
– Do it quickly in a controlled motion back and forth as many times as possible in 60 seconds.
7. Side-Lying Leg Raises
Image Credits: Side-Lying Leg Raises
– Lie down on your side with your head propped up on your bottom arm.
– At a snail’s pace, raise your upper leg straight up while ensuring that your hips are properly aligned.
– Steadily lower your leg and repeat 15 times for each leg.
8. Squat with kick
Image Credits: Squat with kick
– Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Kick your right foot in front of your body.
– Then, bring your foot back on the floor and get into a squat position. Complete a squat and return to your starting position.
– Repeat this exercise 15 times on the right side of the body before switching to the left side.
– The squat-with-kick exercise targets your hip area.
Image Credits: Wisemovement